Friday, February 11, 2011

The Brain Doctor

Hello people!

If you're a person who doesn't know me in real life or on Twitter, then, hey thanks for checking in! A lot has happened since I last wrote.



BRAAAAAIN!
One of the biggest decisions of my professional life has been made. I know where I'll end up for the next five years, and how I'll come out of it. Yes, I now have a Residency position at one of my top choices! And that too, exactly in the specialty that I wanted to go in--- Pediatrics Neurology! :D

This blog played a HUGE part in my choice, since some of my readers here introduced me to the field of Child Neurology in the first place! Then doing an elective in the same furthered hammered the interest in!
In one of those earlier posts I had mentioned how I loved the academic part of Neurology -- the lesions and the localisations *swoon*; but wanted to become a kiddie doctor-- well, safe to say Peds Neuro fulfills both wishes! A dream come true. Yes.

Magical!
Dream, reminds me, I also managed to catch a trip to Disneyworld after the interviews! Had a FANTASTIC time!! All thanks to the family I have here!! :D

Also, I just finished with the USMLE Step3 exam today. And can only hope to pass. (Please pray for me. Thanks.)

As you can see I have loose associations and am in almost a hypomanic state today, I'll end this post here.

Bye bye USMLE! (hopefully!)
But I need to write a couple of pending posts. Those shall happen soon. Just, not right now.
x




PS: Oh, I just realised.. one of my best friends is getting married in a couple of hours! Too bad I can't be there! But I wish K and A the very best for their new life together!! Love you, K! (even though I'm sure neither of them will read the blog in a million years! )


Image Credit for IMG1: Gray's Anatomy for Students: One of the best anatomy books. Ever!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a post in Ped Neuro!
    It couldn't happen to a nicer person, Arps. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Boss. Your comment just made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top 10 Hospitals in India, where worldwide skilled and well-experienced doctors provide high-quality medical treatment and that is also at the greatest economical price, are fascinating over one million foreign patients to the country every year.

    ReplyDelete

=)

Similar Stories

Blog Widget by LinkWithin